Terms & Conditions
Your use of this website is subject to the following conditions and you should not use this website unless you accept these conditions:
- Cheltenham Festivals accepts no liability to any person for loss or damages incurred as a result of reliance upon material contained at this website.
- Event details on the site are subject to change without prior notice. Cheltenham Festivals accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of information or material accessed through the site.
- By logging on, you will be assuming all risks associated with the use of the site, including the risk of your computer, software or data being damaged by any virus which might be transmitted or activated via the Cheltenham Festivals site or your access to it.
- We are not responsible for the content of any linked sites and the inclusion of any link does not imply any endorsement of that linked site.
- You will only use this website for personal private use.
Copyright and our website
The text and images contained in this website belong to Cheltenham Festivals and are protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights. You can print or download any part of this text and images for personal use only and any copies must retain the copyright or other intellectual property notices contained in the original material. Any other use could lead to action or breach of copyright.
No part of this site may be reproduced by any process without written permission from Cheltenham Festivals.
Conditions of Ticket Sale
- You must present a valid ticket when entering an event. This could be a printed ticket from us, a printed e-ticket or an e-ticket on a mobile device.
- When specific seats are allocated to you, the venue management reserves the right to change these seats.
- Some events may be filmed or recorded, buying a ticket affirms your consent.
- Unauthorised use of cameras, video camera or any other sort of recording equipment is strictly forbidden at any event.
- Tickets purchased are non-exchangeable, non-refundable and non-transferable.
- In the event of performance cancellation, your ticket is refundable. The amount you have paid will be credited to your Cheltenham Festivals account for use against other ticket and can be refunded upon request via the same method of purchase.
- Resale of tickets purchased for profit or financial gain will result in a seizure or cancellation of that ticket(s) without refund or other compensation.
- Tickets cannot be used for unauthorised 3rd party competitions.
- Food is not allowed into any of our venues. Drinks may be permitted into certain venues.
- Smoking is prohibited in all of our festival venues, this includes the use of E-Cigarettes and personal vapourisers.
- Venue management reserves the right to refuse admission in reasonable circumstances.
- Where ticket holders at an event will receive a signed copy of a book, the book will be given to ticket holders upon entry to the event venue. If the ticket holder does not attend the event or enter the event venue for any reason, the ticket holder will not receive or be entitled to claim the book.
- Everyone over the age of 12 months is allocated a seat and requires a ticket, while babies in arms (12 months and under) do not require a ticket unless otherwise stated.
Owing to the live broadcast of events at The Times and The Sunday Times Cheltenham Literature Festival 2020 and COVID-19 measures we are not able to accommodate latecomers. You will not be able to take your seat within the venue and will be politely turned away by our venue and Festival staff.
Credit & Debit Cards
We accept Visa, Mastercard and Maestro. Please provide a card number, expiry date, security code, name and address of the cardholder.
As a registered charity Cheltenham Festivals charges a booking fee to cover the costs associated with providing our booking facilities. Our charges are in line with the rising costs of this service which includes the cost of staffing, banking, developing, and maintaining our booking software and postage.
Our booking fees are as follows:
- Online sales £2.00
- Telephone sales £2.00
- In-person cash & card sales £2.00
- Science for Schools – Schools bookings £5
- Science for Schools – Home Educator bookings £2
We endeavour to keep our booking fees as low as possible and charge on a per order basis rather than per ticket to ensure this. We also clarify our booking fees before any transaction is completed.
The Festival cannot refund money or exchange tickets, except in the case of a cancelled performance.
Event speakers and/or contents are subject to change. We cannot refund tickets if speakers have cancelled but the event is still taking place. Cheltenham Festivals reserves the right to change artists or programmes as necessary.
For Membership queries please contact Box Office on email@example.com
Please see our Patrons Terms & Conditions page for full details.
Gift Voucher Terms and Conditions
- Gift Vouchers must be redeemed in full within 12 months of purchase
- The Festival cannot refund money or exchange tickets, except in the case of a cancelled performance.
- Gift Certificates can be used to buy tickets or Membership from Cheltenham Festivals but cannot be redeemed against food and beverage or other goods at the Festivals or with our partners.
- Certificates cannot be redeemed for cash in part or whole.
- Outstanding balances are held against your Gift Voucher code to be redeemed against future purchases.
- Cheltenham Festivals cannot be held responsible for delayed or lost post of physical Gift Vouchers. To ensure your Gift Vouchers arrive on time, we recommend choosing Digital Gift Vouchers.
Guidance for Families
- The age recommendations shown are a guide to the age group we think will enjoy the event most. They are not a restriction; you know your child best.
- Children aged 11 years and under must be accompanied by a ticket-holder aged 16 or over approved by the parent or guardian of that child. This person can accompany a maximum of 6 children to an event.
- Cheltenham Festivals maintains a Safeguarding Policy, but cannot take responsibility for unsupervised children.
- Lost children will be taken to the Festival Box Office. Please ensure that children have your mobile number about their person for us to use to contact you.
During the Festival lost property will be taken to the Information Point located in the Festival Box Office. Once the Festival ends all lost property is collected and taken back to the main Box Office. Items will be kept for a period of fourteen days following the last day of the festival after which time it will be disposed of. Please contact us if you have any queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cheltenham Festivals make every effort to ensure that the information published on this site is correct. However, Cheltenham Festivals do not warrant or assume any legal liability for the accuracy of any information disclosed.
Cheltenham Festivals are not responsible for the content of any external internet sites. The presence of a hyperlink from a page does not imply any kind of endorsement of the content of these pages or links by Cheltenham Festivals.