Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Last updated: Friday 20 May, 2022
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before using Our Service.
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions:
Affiliate means an entity that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with a party, where "control" means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest or other securities entitled to vote for election of directors or other managing authority.
Country refers to: United Kingdom
Cheltenham Festivals (referred to as either " Cheltenham Festivals", "We", "Us" or "Our" in this Agreement) refers to Cheltenham Festivals, Unit H2, The Brewery Quarter, High Street, GL50 3FF.
Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a mobile phone or a digital tablet.
Service refers to the Website.
Terms and Conditions (also referred as "Terms") mean these Terms and Conditions that form the entire agreement between You and Cheltenham Festivals regarding the use of the Service. This Terms and Conditions agreement has been created with the help of the Terms and Conditions Template.
Third-party Social Media Service means any services or content (including data, information, products or services) provided by a third-party that may be displayed, included or made available by the Service.
Website refers to Cheltenham Festivals, accessible from https://www.cheltenhamfestivals.com/
You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or Cheltenham Festivals, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
These are the Terms and Conditions governing the use of this Service and the agreement that operates between You and Cheltenham Festivals. These Terms and Conditions set out the rights and obligations of all users regarding the use of the Service.
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on Your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service You agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If You disagree with any part of these Terms and Conditions then You may not access the Service.
You represent that you are over the age of 16. Cheltenham Festivals does not permit those under 18 to use the Service.
If you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions, You can contact us:
· By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Admission and Event Tickets
When you purchase a ticket on Cheltenham Festivals’ website you agree to the terms and conditions of sale, set out below:
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be exchanged, refunded or returned, and are valid on the date/time specified only.
- Tickets can only be exchanged or refunded in the case of a cancelled performance.
- Once you have printed or received your tickets, please keep them in a safe place as we cannot accept duplicates, copies or other alternative tickets of any kind.
- Unlawful resale or attempted unlawful resale of a ticket is grounds for seizure or cancellation of that ticket without refund or other compensation.
- All prices are correct at the time of publishing. However, they are subject to change without prior notice.
- Sometimes alterations to the advertised details for the event or performance are made at short notice. If this happens there is no obligation to refund your money or exchange your seats.
- For safety, children 11 years and under must be accompanied by a ticket holder aged 16 or over. Everyone over the age of 12 months is allocated a seat and requires a ticket, while babies in arms (12 months and under) do not require a ticket unless otherwise stated. Accompanying adults are responsible for supervising the children in their care at all times. One person aged 16 or over can accompany a maximum of six children.
Cheltenham Festivals maintains a Safeguarding Policy but cannot take responsibility for unsupervised children.
- Lost children will be taken to the Festival Box Office. Please ensure that children have your mobile number about their person for us to use to contact you.
- Visitors are reminded that for technical or operational reasons, some facilities may be removed or closed, or entertainment cancelled and/or altered at any time. Cheltenham Festivals reserves the right to change the programme of attractions and entertainment if at any time it is deemed necessary or appropriate to do so.
- All attractions will remain open, and events will take place whatever the weather unless weather conditions pose a health and safety risk to our visitors and staff. We will make every effort to reschedule events or refund tickets should we close for reasons of health and safety.
- In the event of a cancellation or closure, Cheltenham Festivals accepts no responsibility for travel, accommodation and any other associated costs.
- Cheltenham Festivals is an inclusive organisation, and we value and respect the diversity of our visitors, communities and our colleagues. Any behaviour towards our colleagues or other visitors which contradicts this will not be tolerated, and visitors will be asked to leave.
- Cheltenham Festivals reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to refuse entry or admission or to remove any visitor.
- Cheltenham Festivals accepts no responsibility for any personal property. Lost property may be handed to venue staff and enquiries can be made at the Festival’s Box Office. Items will be kept for a period of 14 days following the last day of the Festival after which time it will be disposed of. Please contact us if you have any queries: email@example.com
- Photography is allowed for non-commercial private use only.
As a registered charity, Cheltenham Festivals charges a booking fee to cover the costs associated with providing our booking facilities. Our charges are in line with the rising costs of this service which includes the cost of staffing, banking, developing, and maintaining our booking software and postage.
Our booking fees are as follows:
· Online sales £3.00
· Telephone sales £3.00
· In-person card sales £1.50
· Science for Schools – Schools bookings £5
· Science for Schools – Home Educator bookings £3
We endeavour to keep our booking fees as low as possible and charge on a per order basis rather than per ticket to ensure this. We also clarify our booking fees before any transaction is completed.
Gift Certificate Terms and Conditions
- Gift Certificates must be redeemed in full within 12 months of purchase.
- Cheltenham Festivals cannot refund money or exchange tickets, except in the case of a cancelled performance.
- Gift Certificates can be used to buy tickets or Membership from Cheltenham Festivals but cannot be redeemed against food and beverage or other goods at the Festivals or with our partners.
- Certificates cannot be redeemed for cash in part or whole.
- Outstanding balances are held against your Gift Certificate code to be redeemed against future purchases.
General Terms and Conditions
Links to Other Websites
Our Service may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by Cheltenham Festivals.
Cheltenham Festivals has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that Cheltenham Festivals shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
We strongly advise You to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party web sites or services that You visit.
Copyright and Our website
The text and images contained in this website belong to Cheltenham Festivals and are protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights. You can print or download any part of this text and images for personal use only and any copies must retain the copyright or other intellectual property notices contained in the original material. Any other use could lead to action or breach of copyright.
No part of this site may be reproduced by any process without written permission from Cheltenham Festivals.
We may terminate or suspend Your access immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if You breach these Terms and Conditions.
Upon termination, Your right to use the Service will cease immediately.
Limitation of Liability
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall Cheltenham Festivals or its suppliers be liable for any special, incidental, indirect, or consequential damages whatsoever (including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, loss of data or other information, for business interruption, for personal injury, loss of privacy arising out of or in any way related to the use of or inability to use the Service, third-party software and/or third-party hardware used with the Service, or otherwise in connection with any provision of this Terms), even if Cheltenham Festivals or any supplier has been advised of the possibility of such damages and even if the remedy fails of its essential purpose.
The laws of the Country, excluding its conflicts of law rules, shall govern this Terms and Your use of the Service. Your use of the Application may also be subject to other local, state, national, or international laws.
If You have any concern or dispute about the Service, You agree to first try to resolve the dispute informally by contacting Cheltenham Festivals.
For European Union (EU) Users
If You are a European Union consumer, you will benefit from any mandatory provisions of the law of the country in which you are resident in.
Changes to these Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right, at Our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material We will make reasonable efforts to provide at least 30 days' notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at Our sole discretion.
By continuing to access or use Our Service after those revisions become effective, You agree to be bound by the revised terms. If You do not agree to the new terms, in whole or in part, please stop using the website and the Service.
Patronage and Membership
Please see our Patrons Terms & Conditions page for full details.
For Membership queries please contact Box Office on firstname.lastname@example.org