FameLab is a science communications competition designed to engage and entertain. Contestants from around the world take part armed only with their wits and a few props – the result is an unpredictable, enlightening and exciting way to encourage your curiosity.
Take part in FameLab 2019
We are now inviting scientists, mathematicians and engineers across the UK to take part in the longest running science competition in the world!
Please read the application guidelines before applying for more information about key dates of the competition and video entries.
To apply, first fill out the application form by clicking below. This will re-direct you to the application form
Once you have been applied, you will be invited to a regional heat nearest to you.
This year regional heats will be taking place at:
• London – 2 February 2019 at the Science Museum, Exhibition Rd, Kensington, SW7 2DD
• Cambridge – dates coming soon
• Oxford – 12/13 February 2019 at St Aldate’ Tavern, 108 St Aldate’s OX1 1BU – from 7pm
• Swansea – 30 January 2019 at the National Waterfront Museum, Oystermouth Road, SA1 3RD from 4.30pm
• Hull – 27 February 2019 at the University of Hull, Cottingham Rd, HU6 7RX at 3pm and 5pm
• Sheffield – 24 January 2019, venue and timings TBC
• Edinburgh – 14 February 2019 at the Godfrey Thomson Hall, Thomson’s Land The University of Edinburgh from 4pm – 6pm.
• Glasgow – 25 February 2019, timings and venue coming soon.
If you are unable to attend a regional heat, you can also submit a link to a video of your presentation in the application form. Please read the application guidelines for more information.