FameLab is a science communications competition designed to engage and entertain. Contestants from around the world take part armed only with their wits and a few props – the result is an unpredictable, enlightening and exciting way to encourage your curiosity.
Take part in FameLab 2019
We are now inviting scientists, mathematicians and engineers across the UK to take part in the longest running science competition in the world!
Please read the application guidelines before applying for more information about key dates of the competition and video entries.
To apply, first fill out the application form by clicking below. This will re-direct you to the application form
Once you have applied, you will be invited to a regional heat nearest to you.
This year regional heats will be taking place at:
• Cambridge – dates coming soon
• Oxford – FULLY BOOKED 11 February 2019 at the Jericho Tavern, 56 Walton St, Oxford OX2 6AE from 7pm – 9pm.
FULLY BOOKED 12/13 February 2019 at St Aldate’ Tavern, 108 St Aldate’s OX1 1BU – from 7pm.
• Hull – 27 February 2019 at the University of Hull, Cottingham Rd, HU6 7RX at 3pm and 5pm.
• Edinburgh – 14 February 2019 at the Godfrey Thomson Hall, Thomson’s Land The University of Edinburgh from 4pm – 6pm.
• Dundee – 15 February 2019, at the Hannah Maclure Centre, Abertay University from 4pm – 6pm.
• Glasgow – FULLY BOOKED 26 February 2019, timings and venue coming soon.
If you wish to join the waiting list for the Oxford heat on 11, 12 or 13 February or the Glasgow heat on 26 February, please contact email@example.com.
If you are unable to attend a regional heat, you can also submit a link to a video of your presentation in the application form. Please read the application guidelines for more information.