Deadlines for submitting events are
Schools events deadline: 9am Monday 16 September
Science for Schools
Our Science for Schools programme encourages 7000 children from across Gloucestershire and beyond to see the wonder and creativity in science, technology, maths and engineering. Events at the festival are high energy, participative, and focussed on applications of science, to show that science is fun, relevant and collaborative.
The bulk of our programme targets children aged 7-11 (key stage 2, upper primary school) and aged 12-14 (key stage 3, lower secondary school), and we also have a few events for children aged 5-6 (key stage 1, lower primary school).
We, and the attending teachers, look for the following in our school events:
- A link to the curriculum but with content which goes beyond what teachers would cover in school
- Content which is appropriate to the age group you are targeting
- Demonstrations, experiments or activities which students are unlikely to experience in school
- LOTS of audience participation, demonstrations and other interactivity to keep students engaged
Most of our events are an hour long. Formats for schools events include:
- Interactive science shows: Highly interactive and visual events with live experiments and audience interaction. Audiences are between 100-700 pupils.
- Hands-on workshops: Highly interactive, with the group spending most of the event engaging in an activity rather than listening to a presenter. These events are usually held in a classroom format for classes of up to 40 pupils and teachers.
You can find the 2019 Science For Schools brochures below.
How to apply
You can apply as an individual, group or organisation. Please select the appropriate options on the submission form. We accept submissions in both written and video format so you can submit your idea in a way which allows you to communicate it best. If you wish to share your idea through video, please send a hyperlink through the video submission form but please keep the video under three minutes in length. We look forward to hearing from you!
Would you like to be an official Festival partner? Branding and event sponsorship opportunities are available within the Festival. To find out more contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01242 537256.
Please fill in the form giving as much information as possible. Due to the number of proposals received it may not be possible to offer feedback on unsuccessful applications.
If you have any questions about the submissions process please email email@example.com