For the UK competition, entrants must be 21 years old or older, studying or working in science, engineering, technology, medicine or mathematics, and based in the UK while participating.
FameLab is trying to find people who want to talk about their science, not the people who have already shifted into science communication or promotion as a full-time career.
- Lecturers in science, mathematics or engineering subjects, including specialist science teachers with a science degree.
- Researchers who use existing research or meta-studies – they don’t have to be getting their hands dirty
- People who work on applying science, technology or mathematics – for example, patent clerks, statisticians, computer technicians, consultants to industry…
- Postgraduate students of science, mathematics or engineering (over 21)
- People who apply science, mathematics or engineering in the armed forces or government bodies
- People who apply science, engineering or mathematics in industry or business
Sorry we can’t accept people who are:
- Press or PR officers, even for science-related organisations
- Artists who work on science-related themes
- Performers whose shows are about science or engineering
- Science centre staff who work exclusively or mainly with the public
- Journalists and broadcasters (as their main or only job)
- Non-specialist school teachers
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unsure about your eligibility.