2018 Festival Season; March – October 2018
Part-time role, flexible hours to be agreed, some evening and weekend work required over Festival periods. Freelance or Fixed-term contract, open to discussion.
Salary/Fee dependent on experience.
Closing date: 5 pm Wednesday 24th January 2018
Interviews: Wednesday 31st January 2018, in Cheltenham
The purpose of the role is to manage the large volunteer team during the 2018 Festivals of Jazz, Science, Music and Literature. This role will be mostly office based at Bath Road with some time on site during the evenings and weekends of the festivals.
As Volunteer Co-ordinator your main responsibilities would include:
Before the Festivals
• To be the main point of contact for all volunteer email and phone enquiries into the office.
• To be involved in the recruitment and interview process of the Festival Volunteers
• Alongside the Operations Manager and HR, maintain volunteer databases and process new applicants and seek volunteer references once recruited.
• To create and maintain volunteer schedules for the Festivals
• Production of all onsite contact team lists and information packs
• Provide general meeting and hospitality support
• Prepare volunteer briefing documentation and paperwork
During the Festivals
• Take an active role in training and briefing all volunteers
• Participate in morning briefing sessions
• Maintain relationships with volunteers, providing both logistical and pastoral support when necessary
• Monitoring and updating schedules, schedule changes
We are looking for:
• An experienced and competent administrator preferably in a volunteer environment
• Strong IT skills, with a view to new technologies and practices
• Proven experience of using and managing a bespoke database (training will be given).
• Be confident in outlook and manner, with a mature attitude
• Strong interpersonal and excellent communication skills, excellent telephone manner
• Ability to work in a team setting and with volunteers which requires flexibility and collaboration
To apply for this position please send a CV and covering letter outlining why you believe you are suitable for this role to email@example.com