Are you looking for a family day out in Cheltenham in early October? Two of the most well-known children’s book authors, Judith Kerr and Lauren Child will be joining The Times and The Sunday Times Cheltenham Literature Festival on Saturday 11 October to talk about their most iconic characters and stories. Refresh your memory regarding The Tiger Who Came to Tea or Charlie and Lola and discover their new works The New Small Person and The Crocodile Under the Bed! To make this event even more special, with the support of the Cheltenham Racecourse you can now win family tickets to see Judith Kerr and Lauren Child in their event Celebrating Classic Picture Books life on stage!
To win tickets for you and your family to come and see this event, send your drawing of what you think ‘The Horse that Came to Tea’ would look like to Matthew Foxton-Duffy at Cheltenham Racecourse, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL50 4SH on one side of A4 paper and include full name, address and telephone number on the back.
The winning pictures will be displayed at Cheltenham Literature Festival on the Family day, Sunday 12 October and then in The Hall of Fame at Cheltenham Racecourse on The Open Sunday. Moreover, all entrants will receive two free adult tickets to a day’s racing at the Cheltenham Racecourse on The Open Sunday (Sunday 16 November). Children under 18 can enjoy this day at the races, with free children’s entertainment, free of charge.
Terms and Conditions
- All entries to be posted to Matthew Foxton-Duffy at Cheltenham Racecourse, Cheltenham, Glos, GL50 4SH on one side of A4 paper and include full name, address and telephone number on the back
- Entrants must be between the ages of 5 and 12
- All entries must be received by Monday 6 October and we will not be able to return your picture
- One entry per family
- Winning entries to receive four tickets to The Times and the Sunday Times Cheltenham Literature Festival event Celebrating Classic Picture Books or Captain Underpants (for families with younger children), and will receive signed books The New Small Person and The Crocodile Under the Bed.
- All entrants will receive two free tickets to a day’s racing at Cheltenham (The Open Sunday on Sunday 16 November)
For more information, please visit the Cheltenham Racecourse website.