Welcome to Festivals’ Book Club, in association with Vintage Books. Each month, we’ll be reading a different title and would love you to join us: either at our live book group in Cheltenham, or by sharing your thoughts online.
- We’ll announce the title on cheltenhamfestivals.com
- You have four weeks to read it
- Cheltenham Festivals Member? Apply to take part in our LIVE Cheltenham group and receive a free copy of the book
- Like to purchase your own copy? Save 5% at Cheltenham Waterstones as a Cheltenham Festivals Member
- Four weeks later, read what our Book Group thought and add your own opinions and comments online
January Book Club:
The Examined Life Stephen Grosz
Longlisted for the Guardian first book award, a Sunday Times bestseller and Radio 4 Book of the Week.
In association with
Thursday, January 30th at The Daily Bean, COOK, Bath Road, Cheltenham
Cheltenham Festivals Member? Apply for your free book and chance to attend.
Can’t attend? Save 5% on this title at Waterstones Cheltenham with Cheltenham Festivals Membership.
“This book is about learning to live.
Of simple stories of encounter between a psychoanalyst and his patients, The Examined Life reveals how the art of insight can illuminate the most complicated, confounding and human of experiences.
These are stories about our everyday lives: they are about the people we love and the lies that we tell; the changes we bear, and the grief. Ultimately, they show us not only how we lose ourselves but how we might find ourselves too.”