Welcome to Festivals’ Book Club, in association with Vintage Books. Each month, we’ll be reading a different title and would love you to join us: either at our live book group in Cheltenham, or by sharing your thoughts online.
- We’ll announce the title on cheltenhamfestivals.com
- You have four weeks to read it
- Cheltenham Festivals Member? Apply to take part in our LIVE Cheltenham group and receive a free copy of the book
- Like to purchase your own copy? Save 5% at Cheltenham Waterstones as a Cheltenham Festivals Member
- Four weeks later, read what our Book Group thought and add your own opinions and comments online
February Book Club:
The Mouseproof Kitchen Saira Shah
A touchingly funny, bittersweet first novel… An addictive, honest read
In association with
Thursday, February 27th at The Daily Bean, COOK, Bath Road, Cheltenham
Cheltenham Festivals Member? Apply for your free book and chance to attend.
Can’t attend? Save 5% on this title at Waterstones Cheltenham with Cheltenham Festivals Membership.
Anna knows that if you want something really badly, you have to plan it. After all, she’s a chef. To make a béchamel sauce, you need the right ingredients in the right quantities, at the right time. So when she gets pregnant, she plans a perfect new life in Provence for her perfect new baby…
Saira Shah is an award-winning writer, war reporter and documentary film-maker whose work includes the films Beneath the Veil and Death in Gaza. Her daughter, Ailsa, has severe cerebral palsy.
Anarchically life-affirming… Shah writes with sensuous passion