St. Swithin’s Church in Quenington is around a 30 minute drive from Cheltenham town centre.
Click here to see directions from Cheltenham.
Parking is available near the church.
St. Swithin’s is a village church that welcomes everyone. The outstanding feature of the church are its doorways. The south doorway depicts the earliest Coronation of the Virgin still in situ in Europe. The north doorway also from the 12th century features the harrowing of hell.
A Norman church entrusted to St Peter’s Abbey, Gloucester in 1138 and then the Knights Hospitallers in 1193. The church was extensively restored during the Victorian era by Fredrick Waller, the architect of Gloucester Cathedral
This gorgeous building provides an intimate and atmospheric concert venue.